Google
 

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Free HTML code....more..!! more...!!

K.I.S.S...!!!
That's what my boss always said in the office. Whenever I'm not 'on the track', this magic word will hang-around my ears all the time. And I know the time when he saying this magic word, that's means I have to Keep It Short And Simple! (K.I.S.S). So this posting is all about on how to make our site more simple and smart.

And today, what I'm going to share with you is another HTML code that we can use in our own b'log or website. This HTML code is quite simple and easy to use (if you use a HTML code). As a blogspot "fan" (like me), this will not be a big problem. Unfortunately, I do not know whether this code can be use for other hosting or not. Anyway, you can give a try later.

As you can see, there is a cute icon at the right side of my bar. It's stated at the below side of "My Library". Yup... it is called 1 Click-Easy Drop Down Menues and I edited myself yesterday from this website. Codebelly is one of the best "online-HTML-tutorial" that I'm looking for. Even I ever list down certain link for "online-HTML-tutorial" before, I'm still thinking that this site was quite good for me.

How to put it in your site?
Well, I try to make it look easy for you. After some adjustment, I managed to make a special code so that you just copy and paste it in your template.

Here it is:

#script language="JavaScript">
var theTarget = "_blank";
function goThere(){
if(!document.theForm.theMenu.selectedIndex==""){
window.open(document.theForm.theMenu.options
[document.theForm.theMenu.selectedIndex].value,theTarget,"");}}
#/script>
#form name="theForm">
#select name="theMenu" size=1 onChange="goThere()">
#option selected value="">Your Title
#option value="hxxp://www.the_site.com/page1.html">Item One
#option value="hxxp://www.the_site.com/page2.html">Item Two
#option value="hxxp://www.the_site.com/page3.html">Item Three
#option value="hxxp://www.the_site.com/page4.html">Item Four
#option value="hxxp://www.the_site.com/page5.html">Item Five
#/select>
#/form>

If you want your menues looks short and tiny, make sure your "Item One, Item Two...Item...and etc" also short. If not, your menues will look like mine. It's quiet long, isn't it?

You also can change the title and the total of your menu. Just do the same thing in the #option value= (just add extra url + link) . In order to get the actual result, don't forget to replace the hxxp:// to http. Opsss... same goes to the " # " symbol, make sure you replace it to this symbol " < ".

Happy coding...!!

No comments:

Resources

Blog Archive

 
template by free-web-template.blogspot.com